Men's Lacrosse Update: Duboe Drafted, Gibbons and White Named Preseason All-Americans

Co-captain Dean Gibbons, along with junior Terry White, was named to the Inside Lacrosse preseason All-America team.
By Catherine E. Coppinger, Crimson Staff Writer

Despite the current temperature in Cambridge, here’s a reminder that warm weather is not so far away. In anticipation of the spring athletic season, the Harvard men’s lacrosse team earned various team and individual accolades this week.

Former Crimson midfielder Jason Duboe ’10 was drafted by the Boston Cannons in the MLL 2011 Supplemental Draft on Tuesday. Boston picked up Duboe in the sixth round with the 34th overall draft pick. Duboe was honored on two Tewaarton Trophy Watch Lists during his time at Harvard and was a finalist for the Lowe’s Senior CLASS award in his final season. The midfielder is one of 10 former Ivy League standouts to be drafted this week (to see the full results of the draft, click here).

Luckily for the Crimson, despite Duboe’s absence from the roster this season, Harvard still appears to be in good hands. In a Lax News preseason poll, the Crimson was ranked No. 16 nationally. Two returning Harvard standouts earned individual preseason honors as well.

As was recently announced, co-captain Dean Gibbons and junior midfielder Terry White were named to the Inside Lacrosse preseason All-America team, garnering honorable mention status.

Last year, both White and Gibbons were named All-Ivy League and members of the NEILA All-New England second team. Gibbons was second in the Ancient Eight in points last season with 41, contributing 27 goals and 14 assists. White added 13 goals and six assists for 19 points while picking up 12 ground balls for the Crimson.

Harvard begins its season on Feb. 26 with a matchup against Canisius at Soldiers Field Soccer Stadium.

Men's LacrosseSports Blog