Lin Named to USA Select Team

Thanks to his strong performance this season, Jeremy Lin '10 earned a spot on the prestigious USA Select team, a group responsible for helping to prepare the men's basketball Olympic team for the upcoming London games.
By Juliet Spies-Gans, Crimson Staff Writer

While recovering from knee surgery may have required Jeremy Lin ’10 to sit out the NBA playoffs, all is not lost for the Harvard alum this summer.

According to a report by NBC ProBasketballTalk’s Kurt Helin, Lin was named to the USA Select team, a group of about thirteen guys who scrimmage and work against the actual Olympic team during the latter’s training.

Lin is joined by those such as soon-to-be-announced Rookie of the Year Kyrie Irving, last year’s Rookie of the Year runner-up John Wall, and Bulls standout Taj Gibson.

The select team is considered to be those young players in the NBA who the Olympic coaching staff would like to observe for future consideration for the national team.

Though Lin’s Knicks could not defeat the Miami Heat in the first round of the postseason, Lin will have his own personal chance to battle a different heat when he travels to Las Vegas this summer for training as one of the members of this select team.

AlumniSports BlogJeremy Lin