Recap: "I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watching Me"

greysanatomy
greysanatomy

Did you know that there is an economic crisis going on?  FlyBy has been living under a rock for the past year, but thanks to the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy, we've discovered that not even our love/hate relationship with the residents at Seattle Grace is immune from budget cuts.

Last week's season premiere gave us a glimmer of hope that, for once, all would be well in the twisted world of Seattle Grace, but news of the forthcoming merger with rival hospital Mercy West reminded us that if Meredith's life isn't screwed up, something else needs to be.

Since the Chief is obviously too distressed to explain the merger to the hospital staff, FlyBy thought we'd step in and help with the streamlining.  So, without further ado (and after the jump), here are FlyBy's Budget Cut Recommendations for Seattle Grace:First to go-- Izzie's wig.  As Christina so aptly pointed out, she looks like a Stepford Wife--plus, we think the post-chemo peach fuzz makes her look hardcore.  Prediction: Wig will be gone next week, Izzie's hair will grow just enough to look rocker-chic, and teenage girls across America will chop off their hair.

Awkie interns. Yes, we know medical students need training and Seattle Grace is a "teaching" hospital, but let's get real--the Chief isn't cutting Lexie, and the other interns are just taking up valuable oxygen that could be healing patients.  Prediction: Megan won't be the last intern to get cut, but a few annoying and incompetent ones will somehow survive the merger.  Lexie will cry more.  And more.

Dermatology.  This wing of Seattle Grace has been underused as of late, because everyone is just so damn happy.  FlyBy recommends either cutting the lemon-infused water completely, or making everyone miserable again so that this sanctuary can serve its real purpose.  Prediction: Dermatology will be forgotten, and everyone's skin will still look fine.

With these cuts underway, FlyBy feels confident that Seattle Grace/Mercy West can invest its resources in other necessary programs.

Number one-- creating a new specialty for Christina.  Cardio is obviously off the table, and seriously-- she'll make the kids in peds cry more frequently than she'll fix them.  FlyBy recommends finding something for her to do before she starts comparing more things to the Holocaust.

Psych services.  We understand that paranoid schizophrenic in this week's episode should probably get first priority, but FlyBy believes that the residents might be equally benefited.  Therapy made Meredith happy and it's working its magic on Christina and Owen-- perhaps if Lexie was less high-strung, there would be fewer incidents of her tripping, falling, crying, and being covered in donor blood.  On second thought, we can't fix everyone at Seattle Grace--FlyBy does need someone to laugh at.

Finally, more baseball and beer.  It's a magic combination that makes even Christina happy, and is fully endorsed by FlyBy.

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.