Money on Your Mind?

Shopping week is finally over, but you, like many other Harvard students, might realize that you've exceeded your budget during a frenzied shopping period of overindulgence. In an effort to get you back on solid financial footing, we've compiled a list of great on-campus and local jobs. To view the job listings, you'll need to register with the Student Employment Office.

Babysitting

Who doesn't love babies? There are plenty of babysitting jobs floating around and many pay as much as $15 per hour. As many of these jobs are posted on the Student Employment Office's website the day they're needed, be sure to check diligently if you're interested.

Government Documents Assistant

Widener needs someone who "can lift heavy objects" to help maintain the government stacks in the library. Apparently, once you've trained for this four to six week job, you can even wear headphones while you work!

Dorm Crew Inspections

There are dorm crew jobs that require you to clean bathrooms, and there are dorm crew jobs that simply require walking around and performing safety inspections. If the ease of this work isn't incentive enough, you get paid $11.80 per hour for about two hours of work a week.

Faculty Club Waiter

If you were too busy during shopping period to find time to suck up to all your new professors, don't fear! You can get to know them as a "Food and Beverage Server" at the Faculty Club! If you take one of these jobs, paying $12 an hour for up to 20 hours a week, you might want to start asking your economics professor for investing advice.

Mystery shopper

This job has the best name, hands down. Now, imagine if you got to go around shopping and rating stores? Sounds cool? Yeah, we think so too. We'd even do it for free instead of the $10 - $20 (plus reimbursement) being offered.

Unlike classes, there's no ceiling on the number of part-time jobs you can take, but you should send applications in soon as vacancies tend to fill up quickly!

Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

Student Jobs

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.