10 Questions with William Oh, Freshman UC Rep

•
By Undergraduate Council

Flyby: What is your worst nightmare?

WO: Spiders. Spiders everywhere. And waking up and realizing that your whole life has gone by. And a blank page staring at you the morning that a large paper is due.

Flyby: What would your ideal fortune cookie read?

WO: “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to change, it’s not.” - Dr. Seuss

Flyby: What is one item you can’t live without and one item you could totally live without?

WO: One item that I cannot live without would be a book, whatever it may be (my favorite is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, but there are a lot of close seconds). One item I could totally live without would be my Gov 20 Course Pack. LOL.

Flyby: If you had an extra life to spare, what is something crazy that you would try?

WO: Travel into space. I think going into space is the coolest thing ever, but I have this paranoia of getting stranded and floating forever with no direction. The movie Gravity made that paranoia even worse.

Flyby: If you were a color, what color would you be? What color would you want to be?

WO: If I was a color, I would be green. And I wouldn’t want to change because green to me represents life and the vitality within it. To me, it means never stop growing and trying to improve and to always be patient. It is a reminder that a tree didn’t grow in a day after all.

Flyby: Why did you run for the UC?

WO: I ran for the UC because I saw it as an opportunity to help make a positive difference, no matter how small. Politics at its best is a discussion and debate within society to improve itself and the lives that are within it. Student government is no different. It gives me a chance to listen to all the amazing individuals here at Harvard and allows me to speak up and fight for what I believe is right.

Undergraduate Council

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.