Summer Improvements.

During the summer a few changes have been instituted in connection with the university, which are worthy of notice. In Wadsworth House, the two rooms on the southwest corner have been comfortably fitted up for the use of the several clergymen who are to conduct the prayers throughout the year. The rooms have been newly papered, painted, carpeted and furnished, and look very bright and cheerful. The college printing press which has hitherto been kept in Wadsworth House has been removed to the basement of University.

Appleton Chapel is now being thoroughly renovated; the platform has been extended a little and the first row of benches has been removed. An entirely new pulpit has been put in, and a handsomely painted screen is behind it.

No changes have taken place at Memorial beyond the usual summer cleaning and repairs.

In the Library, the door on the left of the vestibule has been removed, and the space used as an opening to the coat-room, the old opening to which has been filled up by a case containing a card-catalogue.

Massachusetts Hall has had a new roof put on, and old Harvard Hall rejoices in a newly painted belfry. In Dane Hall the large lecture-room at the back has been turned into a furniture room for the Co-operative Society.

The Divinity Library is progressing rapidly; the walls are now built up to the required height. It will probably be finished by the latter part of next spring.

A sort of porch is being erected outside the main entrance to the Agassiz Museum; it is to extend up to the third story, and probably the stairway will be transferred to it from the interior.

The gymnasium has been very thoroughly cleaned during the summer, and presents a very pleasing appearance. The brick-work has been oiled, the mattresses re covered, and the apparatus thoroughly repaired. The rush for lockers thus far has been unprecedented. Only about fifty remain unengaged, and it is expected that by Saturday night these will be taken also; so that it is very probable that some new lockers may have to be constructed.

Holmes Field has been greatly improved by the addition of a new grandstand at the northeast corner; while Jarvis has been also benefited by the transference of the old stand to the northern side.

Many suggestions have been made concerning a new college dormitory, but as yet nothing definite has been proposed.