The 'Varsity Exhibition.

Yesterday the 'varsity crew gave an exhibition row. At about half past four almost two hundred spectators had assembled on the boat-house float, and shortly after that time the crew appeared. The crew was the same as stated in yesterday's CRIMSON, except that numbers 4 and 6 changed places. This on the whole seems an advisable change. The crew pulled up and down four or five times between the two bridges, affording the spectators an excellent opportunity to watch their rowing.

The men are rowing very well together, but there is still a good deal of splashing, especially on the starboard side. One of their good points, however, is the quick recover, which is very noticeable, - stroke, 6 and 2 being especially good.

The body and leg work of the crew is also, good, and the men get their work well in from their stretchers. In fact, since Penrose has taken his old place at stroke, there has been much more life and "go" in the boat, - which was especially noticeable yesterday to those who have watched the crew during the spring.

At about five o'clock the crew disappeared through the lower bridge, leaving a very favorable impression to the crowd at the boat-house.

The freshmen also appeared, and rowed down through the lower bridge. They are doing very well, and with the practice which they will obtain at New London, should certainly give a good account of themselves in their race.

Exhibitions of this sort have seldom been given before, - that of two years ago being the only one which has taken place before yesterday's. It is hoped, however, that the custom will be kept up, as the interest in rowing among the undergraduates seems to need especial encouragement at this time of the year. To-morrow the crew leave for New London, where they will stay until July 2nd, the date of the Yale race.