UNIVERSITY CLUB.

EDITORS DAILY CRIMSON: I have followed with the liveliest interest the discussion now in progress in your columns as to the establishment of a university club, in the hope (which seems less and less attainable as the discussion goes on) that some of its advocates or opponents will kindly define that which they are advocating or condemning. "Y." gives reason against the formation of such a club; "W." reasons for such action; but neither tells us anything more than that the club would or would not accomplish one purpose - the bringing together of professors and students. Both write of the club as though it were something well known to them; but such is not the case with most of us. If there are similar clubs, they are but little known; if your correspondents have a clear idea of what the club is to be, they certainly have not spread it abroad among their fellows; in our darkness we cry: "Do stop reasoning about the advantages and disadvantages of such a club, long enough to tell us what the club shall be." When we know this, we will judge of its value. How shall the club be organized? What accommodations will it provide? What tests of membership, if any, shall there be. These and many other questions suggest themselves whenever a university club is mentioned. Both sides of the question will receive better appreciation, I am sure, if their partisans will tell us, as definitely as can be, the nature of that about which they reason as confidently as if it were a tangible and familiarly thing.

**