Fact and Rumor.

There will be no lecture in Physics B today.

Theme X in English B. was returned yesterday.

The lacrosse team goes to the training table today.

There will be an hour examination in Political Economy 4 today.

The preliminary speaking for the Boylston prizes will take place on May 3d.

M. Chevreul, the French chemist who died lately at the age of 103, was an L. L. D. of Harvard, having received that degree at the quarter millenial celebration in 1886.

Hammond Lamont '86, is the new managing editor of the Albany Express.

The cricket club has obtained permission to practice on the grounds of the Harvard Polo club.

The examinations for second year and final honors in classics take place on May 4, 6, and June 5 and 12.

Mr. Bolles has been unable to be at the office since last Saturday on account of an injury to one of his eyes.

Professor A. S. Hill will be in Sever 1 this afternoon from 3 to 4, to meet students desiring to compete for the Boylston prizes.

Yale was defeated by the Washington league team on Monday by a score of 5 to 0. Stagg and Poole formed Yale's battery.

The Phillips Andover nine has games arranged with Harvard, Princeton, Amherst, Williams, the Beacons and other strong teams.

By the will of the late P. P. Norris of Philadelphia, the University of Pennsylvania receives his extensive law library, valued at $190.000.

General Washington received the degree of L. L. D. from Harvard in 1776, from Yale in 1781, from Pennsylvania and Brown in 1790.

The men in N. H. 5 will take a trip to Nahant and Lynn Beach today to look for marine specimens under the direction of Mr. Parker. They will take the nine o'clock train on the Eastern R. R.

Ex-Governor John S. Pillsbury on Monday presented $150,000 to the Minnesota State University, for which the Legislature made an inadequate appropriation.