Juniors, 11; Seniors, 4.

Yesterday the Juniors won their first game in the class series by defeating the Seniors by the score of eleven to four. Neither team played a very good game, owing to the short time they have been practicing. The Juniors were superior in the field, and at the bat the Seniors were entirely outclassed. Harris was very wild for the first inning, but after that he settled down and allowed the Seniors only two scattered hits. Ames also pitched a good game, but his support in the field was very poor, as many of Ninety-seven's runs were made after the men had got to first on what should have been easy outs. Scott caught an excellent game for the Juniors and his throwing to bases was especially good. Garrison played a very good game, and Abbott in left field caught a number of hard flies. For Ninety-six Porter played the best game and Paine did well in the field and led at the bat.

Ninety-seven went to the bat first and scored two runs on a hit by Lord and errors by Ninety-six. In their half Ninety-six made all their runs of the game. McCarty got a base on balls and was followed by Ames and Selfridges, who did the same. McCarty scored and Ames and Selfridge came in on Paine's hit. Paine stole second and scored on Gonterman's hit. Fuller struck out. In the third inning the Juniors made three runs on a base on balls, hits by Warren and Nichols, and Ninety-six's errors. In the fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth, Ninety-seven made one run in each inning on well-timed hits and shortstop's errors, and in the ninth they scored the last two runs, for which the Senior's errors were chiefly accountable.

The score:

NINETY-SEVEN.

a.b. r. b.h. p.o. a. e.

Warren, 1b. 6 2 2 9 1 0

Lord, 3b. 4 1 1 1 2 1

Scott, c. 4 2 1 5 4 0

Stevens, r. f. 5 0 0 0 0 0

Garrison, 2b. 4 4 3 8 1 0

Harris, p. 5 0 1 1 3 0

Nichols, c. f. 5 1 1 0 0 0

Abbott, l. f. 5 0 0 3 0 0

Weld, s. 5 1 1 0 3 3

Totals, 43 11 10 27 14 4

NINETY-SIX.

a.b. r. b.h. p.o. a. e.

McCarty, 2b. 3 1 0 2 1 2

Hoppin, s. 4 0 0 0 2 4

Ames, p. 3 1 0 1 3 0

Selfridge, 3b. 3 1 0 1 3 1

Paine, c. f. 4 1 2 2 0 0

Gonterman, r. f. 4 0 1 0 1 0

Fuller, 1b. 4 0 0 7 0 1

Porter. c. 3 0 1 13 0 1

Armstrong, l. f. 3 0 0 1 0 0

Totals, 31 4 4 27 10 9

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Ninety-seven, 2 0 3 0 1 1 1 1 2-11

Ninety-six, 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0-4

Struck out-By Harris 6, by Ames 10. Hit by pitched ball-Garrison. Stolen bases-Warren, Lord 3, Scott 2, Garrison 3, Nichols 4, Abbott, Weld, McCarty, Paine. Double play-Weld, Garrison and Warrne. Umpire-Mullins.