CRIMSON DINNER.

The Fifteenth Anniversary Celebrated Last Night at the Vendome.

Last evening, at the Hotel Vendome, the CRIMSON held a dinner to celebrate its fifteenth anniversary. H. M. Williams '85, President of the Crimson Alumni Association, was toastmaster, and speeches were made by Major Henry L. Higginson, Mr. Lehmann, Dr. W. A. Brooks '87, E. H. Warren '95, and W. K. Otis '98. Poems were read by F. Winsor '93 and F. Curtis '98.

In addition to those who spoke the following invited guests were present: E. N. Wrightington '97, D. M. Goodrich '98, W. H. Vincent '97, H. A. Phillips '97, R. P. Utter '98, and T. M. Hastings '98. It was hoped that Mr. Julian Mason, president of the Yale Daily News, would be present, but he was at the last moment unable to attend.

Mr. Lehmann spoke in his usual vigorous fashion, referring to the real identity of the English and American ideas of true sport. He also emphasized the opportunity possessed by the CRIMSON in keeping the attention of the University centered upon those who actively forward its interests. Major Higginson, in speaking of the CRIMSON, referred to the inadvisability of jumping too has tily at conclusions. W. K. Otis '98 explained the desire of the CRIMSON to represent the whole University, and Dr. Brooks gave an interesting outline of the plans for the next football season.