Golf Club

The links of the Harvard Golf Club on the Adams estate at Watertown are in such poor condition that it is probable the club will soon move to more desirable grounds. In past years, the club has held a series of fall bogey tournaments and medal play matches for the purpose of developing new material for intercollegiate teams. This year the number of such competitions has been few owing to the unfitness of the club's links; so that it is especially necessary that new grounds shall be obtained and put into condition this winter. It is the desire of the club to have links on Soldiers Field, and the advisability of allowing this is now being considered by the athletic management.

The matches which will be played next spring will be chiefly club and interclub contests. Interteam tournaments will be arranged with the Brookline, Wollaston and Oakland clubs, and there will be numerous matches against bogey, the winners of which will receive the customary silver cups. In accordance with a new regulation of the club, pink jackets will be given to all men playing in team matches, and it is probable that a club-cap will be selected and awarded to winners in the club tournaments. The spring matches will begin in March and will be held on alternate weeks throughout April and May. Should the club have its links on Soldiers Field, a professional green-keeper will be placed in charge of them.

Men wishing to enter the spring matches of the Golf Club, should communicate with G. C. Clark '01, captain, or Carter Bell '02, secretary.