THE FRESHMAN GAME

Harvard 1903 vs. Pennsylvania 1903 at 2.--Latter Stronger than Usual.

The Harvard and Pennsylvania Freshman elevens will play their annual game on Soldiers Field this afternoon at 2 o'clock. The 'Varsity game in Philadelphia will be reproduced on the field.

The Harvard team, although hampered at first by the difficulty of being chosen from a very large squad, seems now fully equal to its task. There has been a marked improvement in the past few days as a result of the two class games. With a strong line and quick, resourceful ends, the defense should be effective, while the reliable trio of backs should assure a dashing offense.

The Pennsylvania team, although lacking somewhat in weight, is stronger than any of its predecessors. Weeks, the former Pennsylvania quarterback, has been coaching the team and has done much toward developing swift and aggressive play. Lavino and Schoch are both excellent kickers and line-buckers.

The work of the Freshmen yesterday afternoon was light and consisted chiefly of running through signals and of kicking. The line men were given practice, in charging, which is an important factor in the defense against the guards-back formation.

The line-up follows: Harvard 1903.  Penn. 1903. Clark, r.e.  l.e., Childs. Knowlton, r.t.  l.t., Bloch. Riggs, r.g.  l.g., Hepburn. Sugden, c.  c., Weiss. Graydon, l.g.  r.g., Metzger. Nickerson, l.t.  r.t., Hildebrand. Bowditch, l.e.  r.e., De Armond. Baldwin, q.b.  q.b., Ramsey. Derby, r.h.  l.h, Boice. Knowles, l.h.  r.h., Schoch. Stillman, f.b.  f.b., Lavino.