Golf Team's Prospects and Plans

The prospects for a strong golf team this spring are very good. A. L. White '06, P. A. Proal '07, and F. Ingalls 2L., who played on last year's University team, will be able to play again this spring, and the new material is promising.

Practice will begin this week. Arrangements have been completed with the Brookline Country Club, by which all the candidates for the team will be able to practice on its course, instead of being divided between the Brookline Country Club and the Oakley Golf Club as formerly. The following men who handed in their names for the team can obtain cards, on payment of $5, allowing them to play on the links of the Brookline Country Club until June 1, from A. L. White, Quincy 6, between 12 and 1 and 5 and 6 o'clock today: F. Ingalls 2L., R. H. Finkbine '06, R. L. Smith '06, P. A. Proal '07, M. T. Whiting '07, W. Minot '07, H. W. Simpkins '07, P. Grant '08, E. W. Clark '07, W. Hickox '08, I. S. Broun '08, J. A. Harley '08, R. A. Stranahan '08, J. E. Searle '08, H. F. Woodfin '08, J. R. Cole '08, A. W. Ingalls '09, H. H. Wilder '09, and F. H. Colony sp.S. These men will be divided into two squads, which will practice on alternate afternoons.

The University championship matches will be played over the Brookline Country Club course from May 21 to May 25. An entrance fee of $1 will be charged and gold and silver medals will be awarded to the winner and runner-up, respectively. The matches to decided the class championship will be held on the same links on May 28 and 29. Members of the University team will be eligible to play on their class team.

The following schedule of matches has been arranged for the University team:

May 5.-Williams, at Williamstown.

May 12.-Wannamoisett Golf Club, at Providence, R. I.

May 16.-Wollaston Golf Club, at Montclair.

May 23.-Fall River Golf Club, at Fall River.

May 30.-Massachusetts Golf Association, at Myopia.