HOCKEY WITH ANDOVER

In Stadium This Afternoon at 4.--Practice Yesterday Poor.

The University hockey team will play the sixth game of its schedule against Andover in the Stadium at 4 o'clock this afternoon, weather permitting.

The Andover team has won all of the three games it has played thus far this season, but its opponents have not been very strong. The game should be interesting, but the University team should have no difficulty in winning it.

The two teams will line up as follows: HARVARD.  ANDOVER. Pell, l.e.  r.e., Spartenburg Townsend, l.c.  r.c., Martin Rumsey, r.c.  l.c., Merritt Newhall, r.e.  l.e., McIntyre Foster, c.p.  c.p., Foster Willetts, p.  p., Jewett Carpenter, g.  g., Reynolds

The practice yesterday afternoon consisted of a short line-up between the first and second teams in which the latter was defeated by a score of 2 to 0. Throughout the game the team play and stick work of both teams was poor, and the passing was inaccurate and weak. In the first period the puck was carried all over the rink, first threatening one goal and then the other. At no time was the attack of either team strong, and the play was listless and uninteresting. At the very end of the period Rumsey shot a goal from a scrimmage in front of the goal posts. In the second period Carpenter made some clever stops, and Rumsey shot a goal after cleverly rushing the puck down the ice.

The summary: FIRST TEAM.  SECOND TEAM. Paine, Pell, l.e.  r.e., Butt Townsend, l.c.  r.c., Edgell Rumsey, r.c.  l.c., Dougherty Newhall, r.e.  l.e., Cate, Paine Foster, c.p.  c.p., Ford Willetts, p.  p., Samson Carpenter, g.  g., Washburn

Score--First Team, 2; Second Team, 0. Goals--Rumsey 2. Referees--J. A. Paine '09, K. S. Cate '09. Timekeeper--Coach Donovan. Time--10-minute halves.