No Action at Football Meeting

The National Football Rules Committee met in New York on December 22. As the official existence of the committee terminated with the close of the past season, the committee had no power to legislate in the matter of changes in the rules or in appointing a new committee, and the meeting consisted merely of a discussion of the experiences and experiments of football men in different sections of the country with the revised rules.

An amalgamation between the members of the original Rules Committee and the newly elected members of the College Conference committee will be made the last of the month, and at that time the Rules Committee for the present year will officially consider proposed changes.

The prevailing opinion at the meeting last month was that few if any changes of importance will be made for next year. The length of the halves will probably be increased and the wording of several of the rules will be clarified. No desire was shown to change the forward pass in any way, even to substitute a distance penalty for loss of the ball when the pass hits the ground.