LIGHT SCRIMMAGE YESTERDAY

ICE SURFACE IN ARENA SHORTENED TO ACCUOTOM TEAM TO YALE RINK.

Inasmuch as the Yale hockey rink is somewhat smaller than that in Boston the surface at the Arena was decreased for the University hockey practice last evening in preparation for the game in New Haven Wednesday. This sudden change in size made it difficult for the men to get together and in the brief, scoreless scrimmage that ensued there was practically no team-work and the game amounted to little more than shinny.

Blackall was given a lay-off for the day, and his place was taken by Houston. Captain Huntington took part in the scrimmage but his injured leg still gives him much trouble, and his offensive value to the team is practically nil. The other members of the squad are in good condition, but did not practice very hard, as it is desired that they be at the top of their form tomorrow.

If the present warm weather continues there may be no ice in New Haven for the game as the rink there is not artificially frozen. In such an event it is possible that the game may be played in New York.

Last night's line-ups were: FIRST.  SECOND. Sortwell, l.e.  r.e., Reeves Duncan, l.c.  r.c., Adams Huntington, r.c.  l.c., Palmer Pierce, r.e.  l.e., Baldwin Houston, c.p.  c.p., Wingate Willetts, p.  p., Hanson Gardner, g.  g., Smart