SCORING MACHINE GETS GOING

Forwards Shoot Hard and Accurately in Gruelling Scrimmage, -- Strain of Hard Games Tells.

The University hockey team held its first practice in the Arena yesterday since its return from the Syracuse trip. The feature of the practice was a fast 25-minute scrimmage between Team A and Team B which was won by the former by the score of 4 to 2. The work of the forwards was characterized by hard and accurate shooting and by a semblance of team-play which has been lacking thus far. The line was a trifle slow in starting and the men appeared somewhat overtrained which is natural, however after the three hard games played the last part of last week. Coach Winsor paid particular attention to remedying the slow starting. Phillips was the individual star with three goals to his credit while Adams, Devereux, and Morgan each scored once. Willetts and Hopkins did not take part in the scrimmage owing to minor injuries while Claflin was also given a rest. T. J. Coolidge, 3d., '15 reported for the first time and was given a try-out at left wing.

The line-ups: TEAM A.  TEAM B. Carnochan, g.  g., Washburn Cunningham, p.  p., McKinlock C. S. Clark, c.p.  c.p., Doty Smart, r.w.  l.w., Devereux, Coolidge Phillips, r.c.  l.c., Wanamaker Adams, l.c.  r.c., Saltonstall S. P. Clark, Curtis, l.w.  r.w., Morgan