PLAUDITS FOR CONQUERING TEAM

All Speakers Last Evening Laid Stress on Excellent Spirit.

The members of the Union turned out in great numbers to applaud the victorious football team last evening, and completely filled the Living Room.

Malcolm Donald '99, before presenting the speakers of the evening, said a few words in praise of the work of the eleven, emphasizing that the team has done more to please more Harvard men than any other, and that, although without the services of some of its best men, it ended its season a well-rounded and efficient machine.

C. E. Brickley '15, who spoke next, said that the deciding factors in the victories of the University were the Haughton System and spirit. He expressed his appreciation of the help given him in captaining the team by all the other Seniors, and stated that he was glad that, by being sick, he had been able to give the men such a leader as Trumbull.

W. H. Trumbull '15 spoke almost entirely on the splendid spirit of the eleven, defining it as a desire to help the other man on account of sincere friendship. E. W. Mahan '16 laid stress on the points brought out by the speakers preceding him.

Coach Haughton ended the evening with a short talk and exhibition of motion pictures and stereopticon views. The substance of his speech was that hard work, and above all intelligent work, has brought the University up to its present high place in the football world.