ECONOMICS SOCIETY FLOURISHING

Has Grown Both in Membership and Activity.--New Officers Elected.

At a recent meeting of the Economics Society the following officers were elected to serve for the remainder of the year: president, Francis Harwood Evans '15, of Chicago, Ill.; vice-president, Stephen Atkins Hatch Rich '15, of Bedford; secretary-treasurer, Edgar Lawrence Keyes '15, of Providence, R. I.; members of the executive council, Ernest Roscoe Caverly '15, of Dorchester; and Mason Simons Ehrenfried '16, of Boston. Paul Starr '16, of Chicago, Ill., was appointed librarian. Curtis Torrey Vaughan '15, of San Antonio, Tex., remains as chairman of the entertainment committee; while Kent Bromley '16, of New York and Walter Flint Noyes '15, of Jamaica Plain, have been appointed, respectively, chairmen of the membership and program committees. A committee headed by M. S. Ehrenfried '16, is now busy making arrangements for the first annual dinner of the society to take place in March.

When College re-opened last September an active program for the year was decided upon. The membership was accordingly increased to 54 students with Professor Taussig as the first honorary member. Professor B. M., Anderson delivered an informal address in November on "Aspects of Socialism," while Professor Bullock, immediately after the Christmas vacation, gave the society a very comprehensive description of the Income Tax. The society has been gradually collecting a library of economic works until now 125 volumes are available for use by the members.

The society has recently affiliated itself with the American Economic Association; has received and accepted an invitation to join the Intercollegiate Civic League, which, with headquarters at Columbia, is composed of 64 clubs, both civic and economic in nature, which are scattered among the various universities all over the United States; and has become a member of the newly-formed International Polity Association of Harvard.