MUST PLAY IN TWO CLUBS

RADICAL CHANGE MADE IN REQUIREMENTS FOR UNIVERSITY MUSICAL MEN.

Announcement has been made by the executive committee of the University Musical Clubs that by the time of the Yale concert next fall all men must be playing in two clubs. In order to insure one's being taken on any of the winter trips, it will be necessary to play in both the Banjo Club and the Guitar and Mandolin Club. It will therefore be essential to play two instruments, and all men are advised to prepare themselves accordingly, beginning as soon as possible.

Hope to Decrease Expenses.

In making this decision, the executive committee has had in mind the enlargement of the two instrumental clubs and the cutting down of trip expenses. The system is in very successful use at Yale, the success of the New Haven musical clubs having greatly increased since the inauguration of the rule. It is hoped that the plan may be carried out with as favorable results here. Its execution will be greatly facilitated by the co-operation of all those now playing on the Musical Clubs, but the new method will most directly affect 1917 and the entering class of 1918.

Men who desire additional information and advice may apply to R. McIntosh '14, Thayer '33, who will discuss the plan in detail with those interested.