HOLY CROSS IN FINAL GAME

UNIVERSITY FACES HARD CONTEST AFTER DROPPING FIRST IN SERIES.

With one victory ever the University team to its credit, the Holy Cross baseball team comes to Soldiers Field this afternoon for the second of the two game series at 3 o'clock. In the recent game at Worcester, the University nine had a one run lead until the eighth, when a combination of errors gave Holy Cross the two runs necessary to win. Besides the victory over Harvard, the visitors have defeated practically every team which they have opposed this season with the exception of Yale, who defeated the Worcester team although they were greatly outbatted. Holy Cross recently defeated Dartmouth by a large score.

In R. Murray and Fahey, Holy Cross has two of the best pitchers of the year and it is a question which one will be used today. Fahey started against the University team at Worcester but was removed in the eighth inning after he had given two bases on balls. R. Murray pitched against Yale and although he allowed only one hit, he lost his game by the score of 1 to 0.

It is probable that Hitchcock will start the game today with Frye in reserve. Mahan will likely be saved for the Pennsylvania game on Saturday. If Hitchcock is used today, he will likely pitch the first Yale game at New Haven next Tuesday, while Mahan will be used in the Wednesday game in Cambridge. The remainder of the Harvard lineup will probably be the same today as in the Brown game on Saturday, with the exception that Osborn will likely start the game behind the bat in place of Waterman. The batting orders: HARVARD.  HOLY CROSS. Nash, 1b.  2b., J. Murray Wingate, s.s.  3b., Norton Clark, 2b.  s.s., Saunders Ayres, 3b.  1b., Ostregen Gannett, r.f.  c.f., O'Brien Hardwick, l.f.  l.f., Murphy Milholland, c.f.  r.f., Graner Osborn or Waterman, c.  c., Carroll Hitchcock or Frye, p.  p., Fahey or R. Murray