SERIES WITH BROWN FINISHED

DEFEATED PROVIDENCE TEAM IN CAMBRIDGE FOR RETURN CONTEST.

Brown comes to Cambridge today to meet the University baseball team on Soldiers Field at 3 o'clock. The game this afternoon will be the second and concluding contest of the year's series.

According to the past records of the two teams, the University should find little difficulty in capturing today's contest. A week ago Brown was defeated at Providence by Harvard by a 12 to 1 score, but this afternoon a much closer game is expected. The visitors will present their strongest line-up, for Henry will be back in the box after an absence on account of illness. He should prove no such easy proposition for the University batters as were Cram and Crowell, from whom the University secured a total of sixteen hits.

Coach Sexton plans to use Mahan in the box, and, if the game goes favorably, will probably send Frye in to relieve him.

The probable batting orders follows: HARVARD.  BROWN. Nash, 1b.  r.f., Ormsby Wingate, s.s.  2b., Tewhill Clark, 2b.  3b., Babington Ayres, 3b.  1b., Durgin Gannett, r.f.  c.f., Nash Mahan, p.  s.s., Johnstone Hardwick, l.f.  l.f., Dike Milholland, c.f.  c., Hazlett Waterman, c.  p., Henry or Cram