HARD PRACTICE FOR SEVEN

COACH WINSOR GAVE TEAM LONG DRILL IN PASSING AND SHOOTING.

The University hockey squad had a hard practice at the Arena yesterday afternoon. For three-quarters of an hour Coach Winsor gave the men a long drill in passing and shooting, laying particular stress on stick-work and accurate shooting. Following this Teams A and B lined up for a brisk 15-minute scrimmage in which Team B showed to good advantage, scoring three goals, while Team A was unable to score. Wylde made many excellent stops and Townsend and Claflin played a consistent game. For Team B, Baker and Fisher showed up well. Curtis scored the first goal on a rebound when Wylde was caught at a disadvantage. Fisher, assisted by the whole of Team B brought in the second tally and Bliss scored the third on a wing shot from a difficult angle.

Team A missed several chances to score and in general seemed to have less snap than the substitutes. The stick-work of both teams needs considerable improvement, but the team-play was better and the shooting quicker and more accurate: Judging by Yale's apparent lack of team-play in last Saturday's game, this seems to be the University's best chance to win next Saturday.

Phillips was given a rest yesterday owing to the cut on his leg, but he will probably return to the line-up within a day or two.