SIX PUBLICATION ANNOUNCED

Recent Books and Articles Written by Members of the Faculty.

The University Gazette has adopted the policy of announcing, on the first Saturday of each month, a list of the publications made by members of the University during that month, including contributions of articles to periodicals from the different scientific departments.

The first announcement of publications contains some interesting works. Professor F. W. Taussig, of the Department of Economics, has recently published a series of lectures delivered at the 150th anniversary celebration of Brown University entitled "Lectures on Some Relations Between Psychology and Economics." He has also published a new book called "Inventors and Moneymakers."

The University Press announces the publication of volumes 18 and 19 of the Harvard Oriental Series," of which Professor C. R. Lanman is editor. These latest books are translations by A. B. Keith, D.C.L., D.Litt., author of "Responsible Government the Dominions," of "The Veda of the Black Yagius School."

Professor Kuno Franke deals with his views of the relations of foreign-born citizens of the United States to Europe in his recent book "A German-American's confession of Faith." The "Atlantic Monthly" for October also published an article entitled "The True Germany," by the same author.

Several books of mathematical interest are also announced, chief of which is a volume by Professor Maxime Bocher on "Plane Analytic Geometry, with Introductory chapters on the Differential Calculus."