HIGH INCOMES FROM EXTRA STUDY

Graduates of Business School Tend to Earn Large Salaries.

The first statistics showing the present average salaries received in business positions by former students of the Graduate School of Business Administration have recently been given out and are shown below. Taken in connection with the rapid growth of the School--an increase of forty per cent in enrollment this year over last year -- and with certain other facts as to the ready placing of all graduates in business positions, these figures are significant of the increasing success of the Harvard methods and of the growing importance of business schools all over the country.

The table has been constructed on the basis of returns from former students themselves and though a few have not reported the figures are fairly representative. The year indicated shows the time at which the student left the School. The two-year men are those who completed a full course of study; the one-year men are those who were enrolled as special students. Among these one-year men have been a number already engaged in business, who came for highly specialized work.

The figures follow:   One-Year.  Two-Year. 1909  $2471  ----- 1910  1926  $2144 1911  2066  1500 1912  1921  1576 1913  1233  1292 1914  855  1450

During the first few years the best men and those who had positions waiting for them remained but one year in the School; and this presumably accounts for the high average of the early one-year men. The high average salary--&1450--received by the twenty-eight men in last year's two-year class compared with the much lower average of the one-year men leaving last June quite likely shows the difference in immediate returns which will tend to separate the full-course students from the specials.