GOLFERS OPEN QUALIFYING ROUND

College Championship Begins at Oakley. --1918 Team Picked.

The qualifying rounds in the College golf championship will be played at the Oakley Country Club this afternoon and tomorrow. The first sixteen men will be retained to play in the semi-finals the remainder of this week, and the finals which will be played off next week.

All undergraduates, including Freshmen, may enter this tournament by paying the $1 entrance fee to L. H. Canan '17, J. G. Heyburn '16, or the caddie-master at Oakley, before the beginning of the match. Contestants may qualify either day, but must signify their intention by signing up at the first tee before starting. The qualifying rounds will be at medal play and contestants may select their own partners, but in case any have not been able to do so they will be paired upon application to Canan or Heyburn.

Every card must be attested by the player's partner and handed to L. H. Canan '17 before the round on the following day. U. S. G. A. rules will apply, subject to the local rules in force at the Oakley course; any player putting on the greens before playing his qualifying round will be disqualified.

The make-up of the Freshman golf team has been announced as follows: Captain H. D. Bassett, R. W. Hoskier, C. W. Manning, W. H. Russell, C. W. Timson, and Manager R. S. Tufts. The first match will be played with Fessenden School on Thursday, May 13, and this will be followed by a match at Exeter on Saturday, May 22. Arrangements have been completed with the Lexington Golf Club for the use of the course on week days so that the Freshmen may practice there for 50 cents a day per player. In this way any member of 1918 may challenge any man on the team for his position.