PLANS COMPLETED FOR INTER. COLLEGIATE TOURNAMENTS

Golfers Will Meet at Greenwich, Conn.--Tennis Matches at Merion Cricket Club.

Plans have been completed for the holding of the annual intercollegiate golf and tennis tournaments in September. The golfers will get together first, meeting on the links at Greenwich, Conn., in the week commencing Monday, September 6. The following week the thirty-fifth annual tournament of the Intercollegiate Lawn Tennis Association will be held on the courts of the Merion Cricket Club at Philadelphia.

Although many of the men who competed in the golf tournament last September, when the University finished second to Princeton in the team competition, will be eligible to play this year, the team will lose heavily by the graduation of E. P. Allis, III, '15 and S. P. Griffitts '15. The former had little difficulty in taking the individual title last year by defeating L. M. Washburn, of Princeton, 10 and 8. In the six-man team competition, the University won its way to the finals by defeating Pennsylvania 8 to 1, but lost to Princeton 5 to 4.

Of this team three will be able to compete in this year's matches, Captain J. G. Heyburn '16, L. H. Canan '17, and J. W. Hubbell '17. These three have played consistently all spring and with the other material recently developed, the University's chances seem almost as bright as last year. G. A. McCook '16 and J. I. Wylde '17 will probably be on the team, for they have played all year, and took part in the 5 to 1 victory over Yale. The Freshman material is promising, and the remainder of the squad will be picked from the 1918 team.

Last Year's Tennis Team Intact.

The tennis prospects are excellent, for every member of last year's team is eligible to compete again. Captain R. N. Williams, 2d, '16, national singles champion, is expected to recover the intercollegiate title held by G. M. Church, of Princeton. The University doubles team, Captain Williams and R. Harte '17, which won the championship at Philadelphia last September, will defend its title this year. Other members of last year's team who are eligible to compete are J. S. Brown '17 and L. Curtis, 2nd, '16. Both of these have played on this year's team. Other regulars of this spring who will be eligible, are G. C. Caner '17, A. F. Doty '16, W. Rand '17 and J. Wooldredge '16.

Princeton and Cornell will be be the University's chief opponents, both having defeated the University team this spring. Princeton won the spring team championship by decisively defeating Cornell, 8 to 1.