SOCCER LEAGUE ELECTED J. K. HOYT '17 PRESIDENT

Delegates from Seven Colleges Met at Columbia on Saturday.--Weld on All-Colleglate.

At the annual meeting of the Intercollegiate Association Football League, held at Columbia on Saturday, James King Hoyt, Jr. '17, of New York, N. Y., manager of the 1916 University soccer team, was elected president of the league for 1916-17.

By the new rules, a student holding a degree, from his own or from another institution, is ineligible to play in a league game. The league plans thus to limit participation in its games to bonafide undergraduates. The proposal to adopt a rule barring Freshmen and men who have played more than three years was defeated by a close vote. After a long discussion, the league voted to shorten the time of halves from 45 to 35 minutes, with two compulsory five-minute periods in case of a tie. Each management is to send to the secretary of the league a list of three officials, in order to form an authorized board of officials.

The All-Collegiate eleven, which is selected annually by the delegates, was named. It includes Captain W. W. Weld '16, of the 1915 team, who was also chosen last year and the year before.

The tentative University schedule for 1916, subject to the approval of the Athletic Committee, has been arranged as follows:

November 4.--Columbia at Cambridge.

November 10.--Princeton at Cambridge.

November 15.--Cornell at Ithaca.

November 18.--Pennsylvania at Cambridge.

November 25.--Yale at New Haven.

December 16.--Haverford at Cambridge.