SOCIAL SERVICE MEN ACTIVE

Annual Report Shows Nearly 350 Engaged in Work of Last Year.

The wide scope of the social service work done by members of the University through Phillips Brooks House is indicated in the annual report of the Social Service Committee for the season of 1915-16. The number of men engaged in the different branches of social service was 344, exclusive of those who were engaged in the work for less than three weeks' time. Reference to the following table will give some idea of the number of men engaged in the general branches of the work. Leaders of boys' clubs  195 Teachers  117 Probation officers  7 Associated Charities  5 Sunday schools  5

The work has covered not only the various enterprises for social work in the University, but all the philanthropic institutions in Cambridge and vicinity. Twenty-two entertainments have been given during the year for as many institutions, and two clothing collections were made--one in the fall and one in the spring.

W. I. Tibbits '17, social service secretary, will explain the details of the work to anyone who contemplates taking an active part in social service. He is at Phillips Brooks House on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, from 8 to 11 o'clock, and on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 8 to 10 o'clock, and from 12 to 1 o'clock.