STRAW BALLOT NEXT FRIDAY

CRIMSON TO HOLD PRE-ELECTION TEST OF FINAL CHOICE OF STUDENTS.

In order to determine the sentiment of the University in regard to the coming presidential election, the CRIMSON will conduct a straw ballot on Friday. The polls will be open from 8.30 until 6 and any member of the University is eligible to vote.

Blanks will be furnished at the polls on which the names of the following candidates will appear: Republican, Charles Evans Hughes, former Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court; Democrat, Woodrow Wilson; Socialist, Allan L. Benson, author of many works on Socialism; Prohibition, Hon. J. Frank Hanley, former governor of Indiana. The polls in the CRIMSON Building will be open from 8.30 until 6 o'clock, and at Memorial Hall from 12 until 2.

The straw ballot held in 1912 showed a total of 1,608 votes cast, of those 735 being for Wilson, 475 for Roosevelt, 365 for Taft, 25 for Debs, and 8 for Chafin. The voting last spring at the time of the Republican Convention reached a total of 1,788 votes cast at this time Theodore Roosevelt '80 received the highest number of votes, with a total of 660. President Wilson ran a strong second, receiving 591 votes, while Justice Hughes received the third largest number with 348. Of the total number of votes cast, 1788, 52 were unsigned anad were, therefore, thrown out.