PIERIAN TO GIVE CONCERT

Music Building Chosen for Entertainment Next Monday.

The Pierian Sodality is making an innovation this year in giving its Annual Mid-Year Concert in the John Knowles Paine Hall of the Music Building next Monday at 8 o'clock. For the past few years it has been the policy of the Sodality to give a Pop Concert at the Union during the winter, so that the students of the University may get in touch with the work that the orchestra has been doing. However, this season it was felt that more men would be reached, and certainly more of the faculty, if the concert were produced free of charge in the Paine Hall. In this way those not belonging to the Union might have the opportunity to hear the work of the Sodality.

A program has been selected which includes some of the lighter and more enjoyable works of the great masters, as well as some by men of the present time. In this way a balance has been gained between the ponderous and the light themes.

Another innovation which the Sodality has introduced is the appointment of Modest Eugene Alloo, of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, as conductor. Under Mr. Alloo's conductorship the Sodality hopes to give a concert which will be on a level with those given by Mr. Whiting.