UNIVERSITY SEVEN HARD PRESSED BY FRESHMEN

Aggressive 1919 Team Barely Defeated by Score of 1 to 0 in 15-Minute Scrimmage.

The University hockey team was barely able to defeat the aggressive Freshman seven by the score of 1 to 0 in a 15-minute practice scrimmage at the Arena yesterday afternoon. For 10 minutes the Freshman players held the regulars in check, and after Coach Winsor had excused the first-string men, Fisher succeeded in scoring the only goal of the afternoon, playing the puck up close to the cage and whipping it in, after receiving Baldwin's pass. The Freshmen played hard, and kept the puck in the University's territory nearly half the time, although they did not get their sticks on the puck for many shots. Bishop, at goal for the Freshmen, made several spectacular stops, and the only shot to get past him was from very short range. Kissel broke away several times, but Captain Morgan and Doty kept the ice clear in the University's danger zone, and left little work for Wylde and Abbott.

The first part of practice was devoted to a thorough drill in passing and shooting. Coach Winsor sent the forwards down the whole length of the rink, against two sets of backs at a time.

Lombard, who has been kept away from practice because of an injured leg, was on the ice again yesterday, but did not scrimmage.

The teams lined up as follows: UNIVERSITY  FRESHMEN Rice, W. Morgan, l.w.  r.w., Flagg Baker, Baldwin, l.c.  r.c., Coulter, Merril Percy, Fisher, r.c.  l.c., Kissel Thacher, Taylor, r.w.  l.w., Hubbard Doty, Eckfeldt, c.p.  c.p., Marshall J. Morgan, Gardner, p.  p., Platt, White Wylde, Abbott, g.  g., Bishop

Second Team Game Postponed.

The hockey game which was scheduled between the second University and St. Mark's team for yesterday afternoon was postponed because of lack of ice. An effort is being made to arrange the game for some later date, but as yet nothing definite has been done.

Second Team Game Postponed.