TENNIS SINGLES NEXT WEEK

Entries for Annual Fall Tournament Must be Made at Leavitt's Before Next Saturday.

The fall tennis season will be formally started next Monday with the beginning of the University championship tournament, to be played off during the week at Jarvis field. The courts at Soldiers' Field are also open and ready for use.

The tournament will comprise singles, which will be played the first of the week then doubles, and finally the interclass matches. Manager M. P. Gerraghty '17 will put blue-books in Leavitt and Peirce today to receive entries in both singles and doubles. The charge is 50 cents apiece for entries in the singles. Entries close Saturday at 6 o'clock.

In order that there shall be no unnecessary defaults it is essential that contestants indicate in the entry books the hours of all their afternoon engagements.

Tournaments Open to University.

Both branches of the tournament are open to all four classes in College and to members of all the graduate schools. Prizes will be awarded to the winners and runners-up in each event. Beyond the fee at entering there will be no charge for the use of the courts. Contestants will be required to furnish their own tennis balls, however.

Matches prior to the final and semifinal rounds will be decided by the best two out of three sets. The semi-finals and the finals will be judged by the best three out of five. If a contestant fails to appear within a quarter-hour after the time for his match as published that day in the CRIMSON his opponent is entitled to a default. A chart will be posted on the field on which the scores of all the matches must be recorded before 6 o'clock on the day of play. A failure to mark up his score will disqualify the winner. No one on probation may compete.