STUDY FOR QUARTERMASTER WORK IN BUSINESS SCHOOL

EXPECT OFFICERS DETAILED FROM WASHINGTON TO SUPERVISE INSTRUCTION.

Professor William Morse Cole '90, of the Business School, yesterday outlined in an interview with a CRIMSON reporter the war preparations which have been undertaken at the Business School. He said that many of the members of the Business School were enrolled in the Reserve Officers' Training Corps and that they were fitting themselves for positions in the Quartermaster Officers' Reserve Corps.

"A committee has been appointed to determine what the Business School can do in preparing its members for service in time of war," said Professor Cole. "It was appointed over a year ago before there was any notion that the present exigencies would arise. It was deemed a pity that a man with some special usefulness of a sort more or less valuable in time of war should go into the line if his special knowledge was to be of no particular value there.

"The Business School examinations end in the early part of June just when those of the College are beginning. The Business School men who are members of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps will thus have an opportunity for special quartermaster instruction during the time that the College examinations are taking place and before the summer camp opens. It is expected that officers will be detailed from Washington to supervise the instruction. However, several of the instructors in the Business School have had special training and hold commissions in the Quartermaster Officers' Reserve Corps, and could oversee the training. The Business School is also compiling a list of former students who have a knowledge of the business especially connected with war supplies.