HOCKEY PLANS PROGRESSING

MANY OF LAST YEAR'S PLAYERS BACK. EXPENSES MUST BE CURBED.

Plans for the coming hockey season are rapidly being developed. Nothing can be stated as absolutely definite, however, until after the meeting of University athletic representatives in New York on December 27, when the program for all college athletics this spring will be determined. At this meeting the University will be represented by Dean Briggs and Major Moore, graduate treasurer and secretary of the H. A. A.

Meanwhile the University is preparing for the coming hockey season. Requests for games have already been received from various teams in this part of the country. On account of the recent destruction of the Boston Arena, all hockey playing this year will be out-of-doors, and this will allow more men to participate. At present the general plan is to curtail all extravagance and cut down expenses to a minimum, in order that the College as a whole, and not merely a few stars, may benefit by the game. The two Charlesbank rinks in the Stadium are being repaired, and will be ready for use January 2.

A meeting of all candidates for the University and Freshman teams will be held in the H. A. A. on Thursday evening, January 2, at 7 o'clock. R. E. Gross '19 who coached and captained the informal team last year, will return to College in January, and several other members of last year's squad are also expected back. Besides this, almost the entire Freshman squad of last year, including Captain E. L. Bigelow, will be back. It is expected that the team this season will almost come up to pre-wartime standards.

There will be a regular competition open to members of the class of 1922 for positions as manager and assistant manager of the Freshman hockey team. A meeting of candidates for this competition will be held in the H. A. A. on January 2 at 1 P. M.