INTENSIVE DRILL BEGUN BY QUOTA FOR JUNE CAMP

WILL TRAIN TWO WEEKS

Intensive drill for the University's quota to the June Camp for members of the senior division units of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps commenced yesterday morning when a company of 98 men, composed largely of men holding commissioned or non-commissioned offices in the corps, assembled on Soldiers Field for special instruction under Colonel Smyth, M. S. G., retired. The men drilled from 8 until 12 o'clock in the morning, save for an hour's rest in the middle of the forenoon, practising company and platoon formations. The work will continue for at least two weeks, and will be so arranged that every man will receive an opportunity to command a squad and a platoon before the end of the course.

Devens Detail at Work.

Word was received late yesterday from First Sergeant N. L. Harris '19, in charge of the Devens Detail, stating that the men had arrived at the cantonment and had been well taken care of. The bayonet men are quartered with Company E of the 303d Infantry, while those who are training as grenade specialists are assigned to Company H of the 302d Infantry. Both classes of men started training yesterday afternoon, the grenadiers using dummy grenades.

June Camp Quotas Not Filled.

With regard to the Plattsburg Camp, the Government has announced that the number of applications for the camp from New England colleges has so far been greatly below the quota they had expected to send to the camp. The Commanding General of the Northeastern Department has been authorized to fill a quota of 850 men. Of this number only about one-half had enrolled at a late date last week