ELEVEN IN INTENSIVE PRACTICE AT ARMORY

NELSON FILLS HALFBACK

With only today and tomorrow remaining before the football team leaves Boston, practice has assumed the most intensive form possible without resorting to a real scrimmage. To facilitate practice, the entire squad moved out to the Commonwealth Armory, where an enclosed surface 225 feet by 175 feet gave ample room for drill. Yesterday the men ran through their second practice there and worked the same points which have busied them since practice was resumed after the Yale game. In addition, the drill was lengthened out to permit the coaches to show the two teams all they know about characteristic Oregon plays, on which they have not yet the complete details. As the first eleven bucked the second team J. F. Brown '22 took C. A. Clark's place at right guard, and in place of Casey, who has a light cold, N. V. Nelson Occ. filled the backfield.

Team to Stop in Chicago.

Major Moore of the H. A. A. announced the schedule of the trip West as follows: The squad of about thirty-two leaves Boston on the 2 o'clock train on Saturday afternoon, stopping at five places before it arrives at Detroit at 7.40 A. M. on Sunday. Chicago is reached at 3 o'clock, where a four-hour stay is made, during which the team will dine at the Harvard Club of Chicago, as the result of a telegram to Major Moore. It ran as follows: "The Harvard Club of Chicago will give a supper for the University football team at 5 o'clock Sunday. All Harvard men, their fathers and brothers, are invited to attend."

At 7.10 P. M. the team leaves Chicago behind, and three days elapse before San Francisco is reached, where the men stay from 5.10 on Christmas eve until 8 P. M. the next night. The final goal, Los Angeles, is reached the next morning. From the 26th to the 1st the team has opportunity to scrimmage on the field at Pasadena.