M. I. T. DEFEATED 5-1 ON COURTS

Hanighen, of University, and Brockman, of Opponents, Starred.

With the weather far from seasonable the University tennis team defeated the Massachusetts Institute of Technology team by five matches to one Saturday afternoon on Jarvis Field. The features of the match were the effective reverse service played by F. C. Hanighen '21 and the clever back court game of Brockman, Tech's winner. The doubles sets played by L. de Turenne '21 and Hanighen against Brockman and Barron were well played, fast and exciting. The M. I. T. team showed lack of practice while the University players had a tendency towards wildness.

The results scored in the matches are: Singles, Brockman defeated G. W. Helm '20, 4-6, 6-4, 6-2; F. C. Hanighen '21 defeated Barron 7-5, 6-2; L. de Turenne '21 defeated McWane 6-1, 6-3; J. B. Fenno '21 defeated West 6-4, 6-2. Doubles, F. C. Hanighen '21 and L. de Turenne '21 defeated Brockman and Barron 7-5, 6-3; F. C. Hatch '19 and R. R. Weaver '21 defeated Elliot and McWane 6-1, 6-2.

Tomorrow afternoon the University team meets the Tufts team on Jarvis Field. This will be the first game for Tufts.