"ON WITH THE DANCE."

To the rejuvenated Yard are coming many old faces and almost as many new ones. Timid Freshmen may be seen standing on the corner, with a fond mother by their side, staring blankly at a map of Cambridge and its surroundings, in vain attempt to orient themselves with Boylston Laboratory and the cleverly hidden Bursar's Office. Second-hand furniture stores are crowded with eager students purchasing desks and desk chairs, book shelves, and other conveniences for study, which alas, will only too soon be abandoned in favor of arm chairs and te Orpheum. Trucks and vans, in endless line, are rolling in with impedimenta, from golf bags to carefully prepared boxes from home, all to be unceremoniously dumped on the polished steps of the dormitories. Some are studiously turning over the leaves of the course pamphlet in careful search of "snaps."

For the first time in almost three years, the University is at the beginning of a full session; and during those years, many changes have taken place, which are now showing their effect. The Union is being opened on a new basis, which gives promise of being most successful. Military training has been established by the Government, comprising a four-year course with the ultimate goal of reserve commissions. Some form of exercise is being demanded of all Freshmen, a system tried this year for the first time.

To much a scene every train is today bringing in numbers of students. Some will come, with the memory of their summer's joys over before them, to hibernate at Harvard, and wait the arrival of another summer. Some will come to enjoy a college life, amuse themselves, and have a "taste of the world." Others, rested by the summer, will come with a true interest in their work, and with eager anticipation of the activities and associations of a college year.