DECIDE QUESTION OF HOCKEY LEAGUE AT MEETING SUNDAY

COACH CLAFLIN TAKES STAND IN FAVOR OF SEVEN MAN TEAM

Question as to what part the University will play in the formation of an intercollegiate hockey league such as has been proposed by the University of Pennsylvania will be definitely discussed at a meeting in the Hotel Biltmore, New York City, next Sunday afternoon, at which the Crimson hockey management will be represented by Manager Philip Hofer '21 and Major Fred W. Moore '98. Erroneous reports of previous meetings of undergraduate representatives from the other five colleges included in the proposed league have assumed that the University would undoubtedly join. Although Pennsylvania, Dartmouth, Cornell, Princeton and Yale are said to be in favor of the organization of the association, it seems unlikely that the University will depart from its traditional policy in order to form the league.

The meeting of the delegates last week, at which the University was not represented, is reported to have declared in favor of six-man hockey, and of a scheme whereby each member of the league would play every other member. Additional colleges would probably be allowed entrance to the group it was announced.

Coach Claflin states that he is firmly opposed to the six-man game. Provided there be sufficient ice-area, Harvard will continue with the normal seven-man team, and Yale and Princeton are expected to do likewise. The limited space at the Pavilion last winter forced a decrease in the number of players, but with the new Boston Arena ready next month, a return will be made to the regular seven.