PRINCETON POLISHING OFF ROUGH EDGES FOR STADIUM

Practice on New Formations and End Shake-Up Feature "Harvard Week"

Realizing that they have much to do to reach their highest stage of development by next Saturday, the Princeton eleven discarded the usual Monday lay-off and kept on the jump until darkness made further football impossible. In the long talk before the practice, Coach Roper told his men that their work in the West Virginia game was extremely ragged, and the line must continue to improve if they were to face Harvard with any degree of confidence. He then announced that there would be a one hour scrimmage every day until Thursday.

Tries New Plays

The practice which followed this address was important in the extreme. Fearing that some of his plays were too well known by the Crimson, Coach Roper spent the greater part of the evening in teaching his charges now formations. Whether these plays coming as they do at the last minute, will prove confusing to his own men or will be successful in deceiving the University, is open to conjecture. However, several entirely unfamiliar ones were tried, and Coach Roper announced that individual coaching in these formations would be the order for the next week.

As a result of his very evident dissatisfaction with his line, it seems possible that Roper will replace his regular ends, Raymond and Davis, by Legendre and Stinson. Coming as it does just before the big games, this change also is apt to prove either a disrupting feature or a "ten-strike."

Wittmer to be in Game

Don Lourie, who came to Cambridge last Saturday to watch team "B" defeat the Virginians, was again at the helm and Wittmer appeared at full for the first time in two weeks. It was announced that the latter had entirely recovered from his early season injury and would be back in the game Saturday. Scheerer and McManman, the former having suffered a recent bereavement, and the latter having spent the day in New York in order to see the dentist as a result of injuries received last Saturday, were not in uniform, but both are expected to report tomorrow. Murrey, Keck and Garrity were severely shaken up in the West Virginia game, but were in practice yesterday.