POSTPONED TRACK MEET WITH TECH TO BE RUN OFF TODAY

ANTICIPATE CLOSE RACES IN "440" AND HALF-MILE

This afternoon at Tech Field, the postponed meet between the M. I. T. and University track teams will be held. The meet, which is to commence at 4.15 o'clock, promises to be an extremely close contest, with neither team having any apparent advantage. Coach Donavan, who has been confined to his home for several days because of illness, will probably not be on hand to work with the men, but Coaches Farrell and Whelan will be in charge of the squad.

The delay, caused by the rain, may be of a slight advantage to Tech, inasmuch as her captain and star half-miler, G. Bawden, is rapidly recovering from sickness and may possibly be able to race today. Junod, one of Tech's best hurdlers, who injured his knee severely last week in practice, is also quite likely to run.

Bawden Double Winner in 1919.

If he is in condition, Bawden should give Captain D. F. O'Connell '21 a hard fight in the half-mile, especially if the Crimson leader is called upon to run in the mile first. Bawden won first place in both the quarter and half-mile runs in the dual meet last year, but will not run in both events today. Perhaps the closest race this afternoon will be the 440-yard dash, in which B. Wharton '22 and W. H. Goodwin '20 will face Spitz, the plucky Tech sprinter.

Entered in the pole-vault are R. W. Harwood '20, winner of last year's event, and Walton and Fletcher, who won second and tied for third respectively last year. Dandrow, winner of the hammer-throw last year and also first-place man in the 56-pound weight event at the recent Penn. Relay Carnival is, of course, Tech's strongest entry in the weight events and should repeat his last year's performance.