CHANGE THE DATE

The activity with which the managers of the approaching East-West debate are progressing with arrangements, including the appointment of a committee of 100 to distribute tickets, already presages the success of the occasion.

One fact, however, mars the prospects of a large attendance at the contest. The date selected, May 21st, is the day on which both the Senior picnic and the Freshman Musical Clubs concert will be held, and it is a certainty that these events will engage the exclusive attention of all members of the classes of 1920 and 1923.

As the Washington team is to be in Cambridge on the evening of Thursday, May 20, for a dinner to be given in its honor, it would seem practical to have the debate take place on that night also and thus avoid the conflict. If this is impossible, however an effort should be made to have the Washington team arrive here a day earlier. Then the dinner could be held on Wednesday and the debate Thursday.

The debating management should undertake one or the other of these changes. Such an event as the East-West debate which is a "new departure" in collegiate debating, should be accessible to all undergraduates.