FINAL REGATTA PLANS FOR FRIDAY DETERMINED

YALE HAS SLIGHT EDGE IN TRIALS

RED TOP, CONN., June 21.--Today a conference was held at Gales Ferry between captains Peters and Davis, Managers Knox and Houghton, and Coaches Nickalls and Haines, during which final plans for the regatta Friday were agreed to. Under the present arrangements the race between the first eights of the two Universities will be rowed at 3.30 o'clock over the up-stream course. The crews will be started at the railroad bridge at New London, and will finish at the west bank of the Thames opposite Red Top.

The Freshman contest will be rowed at 9.30 o'clock down-stream, starting at Red Top. Immediately afterwards the second crews will race over the same course. In case of necessary postponement of the first crews' contest, it will be rowed down-stream at about 6.30. The observation trains will start at the time that the crews shove off from their boat houses.

Seconds Trail Freshmen

This morning all three crews went for a practice row down-stream where special attention was given to practice in starts. On the three-mile stretch back to the boathouse, a short brush was held between the 1923 eight and the second crew, in which the Freshmen were victors by about a length and a half.

J. A. Burden, Jr. '21, is temporarily replaced by R. K. Kane '22 at 5, due to the former's being unable to row on account of boils. S. Damon '21 is now rowing in Kane's place at 3, coming up from bow on the second boat. J. N. Borland 2nd '21, is rowing in place or Damon.

Time Trials Saturday

On Saturday a time trial was held for the first eight over the four-mile course, during which the Freshman crew paced for the first two miles and the Seconds the last two. The time of the University boat was 21 minutes and 52 seconds. The conditions of the course were not very good; although the crews were favored by a moderately falling tide. There was an adverse wind, which in the last part of the course stirred up quite a choppy sea and hampered the men considerably. The 1923 oarsmen led the first eight by a length over the first two miles, while the first eight led the Seconds by a similar distance over the second stretch.

Yale held a trial over the same course, but the wind had died down somewhat, and, although conditions were slightly more favorable, it is difficult to draw any conclusions from the time, 21 minutes and 40 seconds, 15 seconds better than the Crimson eight made.