STANDISH HALL WINS SPRING CHAMPIONSHIP

FOUR SILVER TROPHIES AWARDED

Taking first place in crew and track, Standish Hall, with a total of 17 points, has been awarded the spring championship in the Freshman Interdormitory all-round athletic competition. Smith Halls were second with 15 points, while Gore came last with 13. The points scored are as follows:   Standish.  Smith.  Gore. Baseball,  3  5  1 Crew,  5  3  1 Tennis,  1  5  3 Track,  5  1  3   --  --  -- Total,  14  14  8

Added to this score is 5 points to Gore, the dormitory represented by the most numeral men on the various spring sport teams, with 3 and 1 points to Standish and Smith, in second and third places respectively. Thus, the final score is brought to: Standish, 17; Smith, 15; Gore, 13.

Gore Winner Last Fall

Standish was also the winner of the winter championship while Gore came out ahead in the fall. The series for those seasons were: Standish, 16; Smith, 12, and Gore, 8; and Gore, 33; Standish, 25; Smith 23.

The four silver trophies which the dormitories have been competing for all spring have been awarded. The Thomas M. Slocumb '90 Crew Cup, which was won by Gore in the fall, will be placed in Standish this spring, as that dormitory avenged their defeat by a recent victory on the river.

The Graduate Cup for interdormitory track competition, which was won by Smith Halls during the last competition before the war period, now goes to Standish. The Odin Roberts '86 Baseball Cup moves from Gore to Smith. The Harvard Club Football Cup was won by Gore this fall. All of the silver cups are to be held by the winning dormitory until the next scheduled competition.

Championship Shield Ready Soon

The shield, drawn by Hugh Perrin '21, who won the competition for an appropriate design for the Interdormitory All-Round Athletic Championship Trophy scheme, is being completed by the Gorham Company, and will probably be ready for installation in the three dormitories by Commencement. Shields will be placed in Standish, Gore and Smith, to be marked permanently with a record of the sport series. The shields are made possible by the gift of $1000 from an anonymous contributor.

Gore Winner Last Fall

Championship Shield Ready Soon