MR. WALTER PISTON TO CONDUCT PIERIAN

Has Been Engaged in Orchestra Work for Ten Years--Is Member of Musical Department--To Give Concert at Copley Sunday, November 27

The management of the Pierian Sodality Orchestra announces Mr. Walter Piston, of the Music Department, as conductor for the season 1921-1922. Mr. Piston succeeds Mr. Ernst H. Hoffman '18, who resigned during the summer to study music in Europe.

The new conductor, who is an accomplished violinist and pianist, has been engaged in professional orchestra work for ten years. He has been a pupil of such eminent, artists as Theodorowicz, Flumara, and Winternits, and Harris S. Shaw of Boston. For six years he has been a member of the string choirs of the MacDowell Club and the Boston Musical Association.

The orchestra will play a joint concert with the Harvard Glee Club on the afternoon of Sunday, November 27, at the Copley Theatre, according to an announcement given out by the manager today.

Any, member of the university who is interested in becoming a member of the orchestra should call at the Pierian office in the Music Building, any week day between 3 and 5 P. M., to arrange for a trial. The attention of pianists or any players of instrument's not regularly used in large orchestras is called to two vacancies in the percussion section, which are open to persons who can read orchestral arrangements.