BASKET MEN SWAMPED BY DARTMOUTH, 51-15

TOLBERT AND TYSON INJURED

The crippled University basketball five went down to a decisive defeat at the hands of the fast Dartmouth team at Hanover last Saturday night by a score of 51-15. At no time was the result of the contest in doubt, and the Crimson team was greatly handicapped by the injuries of several of its regulars.

The Green team excelled in all departments of the game, and the guarding of Captain Tolbert and Chase could not stop their fast and well-developed offense. The winners' forwards scored almost at will, caging twenty-two baskets from the floor, while the University was held to one field goal, a sensational one-handed shot by Fitts near the end of the first period. The rest of the University's points were made by Pallo, who sank thirteen free throws out of sixteen chances. During the game Tyson, the star Crimson center, suffered a sprained ankle, and Captain Tolbert was also injured.

Chamberlain, Yuill and Cullen were the Stellar performers for the Green, while Captain Tolbert was the outstanding feature in the Crimson defense.