DUANE TO LEAD TENNIS MEN

Sophomore Elected Captain for Season of 1922--Played Brilliant Games This Year and on His Freshman Team

At a meeting of the University letter tennis men, Morris Duane '23 of Philadelphia, Pa. was elected captain for next year. Duane, who played as number three man in the early part of the year and later in the second position, gave a brilliant game throughout the season, although his work was slightly erratic at times. He prepared at St. Georges School where he led the team for two years and last year captained the Crimson yearling net-men.

In addition to his strong singles, Duane showed up extremely well in the doubles, teaming at first with Feibleman, Romain, or Farnham as the number two pair and in the last few matches of the season playing with Fenno in the lead-off position.

Although no official announcement has been made as yet concerning the University entries in the Intercollegiate matches which are to begin on June 27, at least one of the Crimson players will be entered. The championship this year is to be played at the Merion Cricket Club, Haverford, Pa.