JONES-SWEETSER COMBINATION WINS

Four by Jones on Last Hole Decides Contest-Three of Players Turn in Score of 80

In the exhibition golf match which was played under the auspices of the Harvard Golf Association yesterday at the Braeburn Country Club, J. W. Sweetser and R. T. Jonse '23 defeated F. D. Ouimet and Jesse Guilford one up by taking the last hole. The score was even at the end of the seventeenth. On the eighteenth hole Jones drove and then put a long iron shot on the edge of the green. A 54-foot putt brought him to within nine inches of the hole and he was out for a four. Sweetser, Guilford, and Ouimet all turned in fives.

High Wind Hampers Players

On account of the high wind low scoring was exceptionally difficult. Jones, Sweetser and Guilford each turned in an 80, while Ouimet made an 81.

The best ball scores follow: out Jones and Sweetser:  5  4  4  4  5  3  4  3  4-36 Ouimet and Guilford  4  4  4  5  6  3  4  3  4-37 In Jones and Sweetser:  5  4  6  6  4  5  5  4  4-40 Ouimet and Guilford:  4  4  4  4  5  5  4  4  5-39

Best Ball Totals Jones and Sweetser,  76 Ouimet and Guilford,  76

Following the match the Golf Association gave a dinner to the four players at the Club. Sweetser, Jones and E. S. Litchfield '87, President of the Massachusetts Golf Association, were the principal speakers.